News - - The Menominee Reservation and Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Kenosha have decided to plan for the creation of a new Jobs Training Institute that will prepare workers to fill the new positions at a proposed casino. The training institute is based on a collaboration between the Menominee Kenosha Gaming Authority, Hard Rock Wisconsin LLC, the College of Menominee Nation and Gateway Technical College in Kenosha.
The $800 million facility at the former Dairyland Greyhound Track will create about 3,000 jobs directly related to the operation of the casino while the project overall is expected to create 7,000 additional jobs related to businesses providing services and goods to the Kenosha facility and the Menominee Tribe. The College of the Menominee Nation, Keshena, and Gateway Technical College, Kenosha, will work with Hard Rock and the gaming authority to implement new training programs to:
• Help recruit and train a diverse labor force necessary to supply the newly created jobs.
• Develop curriculum and training programs specific to job requirements at the hotel & casino.
• Develop an inventory of positions and related qualifications/skill levels for these positions.
• Ensure hiring and contracting goals of the authority are met in regard to residency status, minority status and Indian (Native American) preference.
• Market the training and recruitment specifically to the unemployed and underemployed in the region.
“The Menominee Tribe embraces...
Ken Notes: is anyone else reading between the lines here!
Read More At: http://www.cbs58.com/story/27179838/menominee-tribe-hard-rock-team-up-with-colleges-for-job-training-program
- - Volume: 2 - WEEK: 45 Date: 11/4/2014 12:12:46 PM -